FlyViking offers scheduled flights to regional airports in Norway.
Our initial fleet is based on DHC8 with currently three airplanes and two more in order. FlyViking is owned by Viking Air Norway AS.
Currently we fly to 7 different destinations in Northern Norway. The operational area will also be expanded to central and southern Norway.
Get the chance to work for Norway’s new airline in the Arctic environment and explore the land of the northern lightning and the midnight sun!
About the position:
- this position reports directly to the Accountable Manager and is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the company’s policies and for direct supervision of the line operations.
- leadership to all pilots ensuring compliance with company policies, procedures and standards are maintained.
- responsible for editing the Operations Manual, ensuring that it is kept up to date and includes all data necessary to comply with all relevant regulations and requirement and with the provision of the AOC.
- will be responsible for defining SOP’s, supervising other Departmental Managers, Liaising with regulators and National Civil Aviation Authority.
- working closely with the nominated person crew training and safety & compliance manager.
- manages company flight operations to ensure that flights are conducted safely and in accordance with applicable operations manual specifications, company policies and procedures.
- exercises judgment when variations are required from policy or procedure to ensure safe flight operations.
- the control, direction, discipline and operational standards of pilots.
- the operational control of the company in accordance with the requirements of the operations manual.
- continuous Development and maintenance of the Company Operations Manual.
- working within the terms of the Compliance System and taking any necessary follow up actions to address internal or external findings.
- working within the terms of the SMS and taking any necessary follow up actions to address safety findings.
- liaising with the National Civil Aviation Authority on all Operational matters and audits.
- practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices
- comprehensive knowledge of the applicable EU safety regulations and any associated requirements and procedures
- familiarity with management systems preferably in the area of aviation
- appropriate management experience, preferably in a comparable organization
- 5 years of relevant work experience of which at least 2 years should be from the aeronautical industry in an appropriate position.
- good interpersonal and communication skills,
- excellent English (verbal & written).
- talent for team management, motivating people and the ability to lead change.
- valid EASA Part FCL ATPL holder
- a valid TR on DHC 8 is preferred
- experience from the area of operations or similar areas is a requirement
- previous experience as post holder / nominated person is preferred.
- experienced in managing regulatory authority relationships and audits.
- degree level qualification, preferably in aviation, engineering, business or law.
- strong financial, contractual and legal understanding.
- articulate and confident, with the ability to build relationships with executives at all levels in client, regulatory and supplier organisations.
- an entrepreneurial, highly motivated and driven person focused on achieving and exceeding targets.
- have a comprehensive understanding and knowledge of aviation regulations, safety standards, safe operating practices, airworthiness and operational requirements for airlines.
- willingness to provide support to all individuals and teams within the company.
- ability to represent the Company in a professional and respectful manner.
- pro-active and “hands on” mentality.
Please contact us to get more details on benefits concerning this job offer.
To submit your application use the APPLY button or click here to send your CV directly (with subject line: FVManager/2017).